The Importance of Proper Heating & Air Conditioning Installation
The most significant day in the life of your West Volusia heating and air conditioning system is the day our trained installation technicians arrive to complete the installation. Proper installation and choosing the correct size accounts for nearly 75% of the operating performance and efficiency of the system you buy.
The ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) has stated that …
“only 28% of homeowners who replaced their heating and air conditioning systems last year noticed an improvement in the performance of their new system. The other 72% felt that the primary reason they were replacing their system was not resolved.”
The simple reason is that an HVAC system is not a commodity like a toaster oven, washer, or dryer. The quality of installation, proper sizing, and air distribution determine the efficiency, reliability, performance, and safety. That fact cannot be overemphasized. Especially when you spend thousands of your hard-earned dollars on a new system. You, as the homeowner, need to make sure that you get the right equipment for your particular needs and a guarantee that the system will perform to your expectations.
Here’s What to Expect on Your Day of Installation
Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning technicians take personal responsibility for your complete satisfaction.
- We arrive on time as promised on a day and hour that is convenient for you and your family.
- We make sure the job is completed on time and installed correctly.
- Our technicians will always respect you, your home, and your property. They wear shoe covers and put down drop cloths to protect your home and belongings.
- You’ll never have to worry about who is in your home. Every employee at Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning is background checked and drug tested. And we treat you and your family with courtesy and politeness.
- No installation is complete without your thorough understanding of your new system. We will take the time to review everything you need to know to operate and enjoy your new system. We will also explain our different service plans in case your system should ever need repair.
As part of every installation, Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning technicians follow a comprehensive set of procedures to ensure that your system is properly connected and functioning at optimal levels.
- It is important the new installation starts with proper removal of existing equipment. The existing outdoor unit generally has the refrigerant pumped into it and sleeved with the service valves. After that, the old unit is taken back to our facility and pumped out according to EPA regulation. If the unit is not operation, this will be completed on site. If the customer has a thermostat containing mercury, it is removed and disposed of appropriately according to EPA regulations. Technology has enable newer thermostats to be mercury-free and environmentally friendly.
- Leak test with nitrogen after welding is completed. This prevents future service calls, reduced capacity, and lengthens the lifespan of your cooling unit by having a refrigerant system that is leak free. Any system operating with an insufficient amount of refrigerant due to any size leak causes higher electric consumption, decreased capacity, and shorter lifespan of the equipment.
- Evacuate the system to remove air and moisture from the refrigerant line set. A proper vacuum guarantees a dehydrated system, as well as a leak-free refrigerant line system. Dehydration prevents any acid buildup that will lead to future compressor failure.
- Always check and set proper air flow on indoor unit to match required system airflow (Example: Variable Speed switches). An improper air flow setting will not allow a system to charge correctly nor gas pressure set accurately to achieve a proper temperature drop/rise. It is one of the most important parts of the start-up. We check air flow and duct system with magnahelic gauge to ensure proper air flow.
- Utilize the manufacturer’s literature and information to properly set a charge on the system. Proper operation of the equipment guarantees the lowest possible energy costs and maximum performance.
- Always use a digital/programmable thermostat control center. Maintaining the proper comfort levels within a home is best accomplished by utilizing a control center that monitors staging of the heating/cooling, humidification, dehumidification, filter change reminders, as well as flexible times for setback saving.
Quality Installations Begin with Training
You can be confident that the Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning technician who installs your heating and air conditioning system knows his stuff inside and out.
Every Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning technician goes through this rigorous training to ensure that your new heating or air conditioning system is installed correctly.
We Serve ALL of West Volusia County
Contact Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning for all of your HVAC needs in West Volusia County! We’re proud to service the following areas:
- Orange City
- Lake Helen
- Deleon Springs
Ready to Install/Replace a Heater or Air Conditioner?
Our team of professionals knows heating and air conditioning systems inside and out. They’ll study your home, understand your heating and cooling requirements, show you all of your options, and assist you with finding the quality home comfort system that best meets your family’s needs and budget.