Professional DeLand Air Conditioning Service
Considered the Athens of Florida, Deland is full of history and wonderful old houses, and you may be one of the friendly residents known for making visitors to the city and surrounding region feel so welcome. If you live in the beautiful DeLand vicinity, you know that area homes need heating service as well as air-conditioning service for year long comfort.
Some of those beautiful, older homes still have older heating and air-conditioning units that do not heat and cool as well as do the newer, energy-efficient systems. If your home has heating and air-conditioning equipment from the 1980s or before, you may not be getting the best efficiency from the equipment even though it still works. A new, top-quality, highly efficient unit uses only about half the electricity that the older units use, making the payback on your investment comparatively short.
Even the best heating and air-conditioning systems should have twice-a-year service to ensure their maximum efficiency and long life. Typically, the cost of a service contract is less than the possible cost of repairs needed because of problems not discovered until they become major issues. Regular maintenance of your system is also cost effective because you save money when your equipment runs more efficiently.
Selecting a Heating and Air-conditioning Contractor
Choosing the right contractor for your air-conditioning and heating system is one of the most important things you can do for your home. When you need a new system installed, your contractor can help you determine the size and features needed for maximum efficiency in your home. A good contractor will help keep your system running smoothly and efficiently through the years as well.
- Before selecting a heating and air-conditioning contractor, you may want to do some research to ensure that you deal with a licensed, experienced and dependable contractor.
- Ask people you know and trust about their experiences with area contractors, and ask about the contractors’ reputations for honesty, integrity and reliability as well.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List to learn if they have received any complaints about area contractors or their employees.
- Ask contractors if their technicians have industry certifications, which may indicate that they have more experience. Do the contractors perform background checks and drug tests before hiring employees? Do the contractors thoroughly train their technicians before allowing them to begin working at customers’ homes and businesses?
- Inquire about prospective contractors’ methods of estimating the cost of a project. They should use sophisticated calculations to analyze each room’s cooling needs and to determine cooling capacities and the proper ductwork needed.
- Ask contractors about their policy regarding service on weekends or after hours. If your air conditioner fails on a 100-degree-day during the weekend, you will not want to wait until Monday to get service.
- Ask contractors about the availability of service plans that begin immediately after the warranty ends on new systems.
Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning has been part of the business community in DeLand for more than 90 years and has earned a well-deserved reputation for integrity, reliability, quality work and fair prices.
More important than later maintenance is the initial installation of your heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system. Nearly three-fourths of the efficiency and operating performance of an HVAC system depends on correct installation and proper size. An excellent contractor will help you select the right size for your unit and ensure that you have high-quality installation and proper air distribution for maximum performance, reliability, efficiency and safety. Your contractor should use sophisticated techniques like those found in the Residential Load Calculation Manual supplied by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America to establish cooling capacities and analyze the cooling needs of each room in your home.
When your HVAC installation is complete, your technician should thoroughly explain to you the operation of your new system to give you the greatest benefit and enjoyment from your new unit.
Consumers waste nearly half of the energy used to operate HVAC systems if those units are not the proper size for the building, were installed incorrectly or do not receive proper maintenance.
Your HVAC system will operate more efficiently and help keep your energy bills lower if your contractor provides regular, thorough inspections of the unit through a maintenance agreement. Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning offers homeowners a Planned Maintenance Agreement that can help keep their systems running at peak efficiency. Homeowners who choose to get regular, routine service on their HVAC units normally enjoy lower utility bills because of the increased efficiency provided by their systems.
Thoroughly trained and NATE certified Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning technicians are highly qualified to keep your equipment running smoothly and repair any problems that may occur as well.