DeLand Bryant AC Service
Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning provides quality DeLand Bryant AC service for West Volusia County homeowners. Whether you need repairs, maintenance or service, our team of expert technicians has the training to resolve your cooling problem and the qualifications to keep your system running at peak condition.
Uncovering DeLand Bryant AC Service problems
Common air conditioning problems homeowners face include:
- Leaky refrigerant lines. Over time, refrigerant lines can wear, allowing the hazardous gas to escape into the environment. According to federal regulations, a qualified technician must follow certain standards for capturing the refrigerant and then fixing or installing new refrigerant lines. In addition, if your AC is suffering from low refrigerant levels due to a leak, it’s operating under stress, generating a lower cooling output and using more energy to run.
- Worn parts. If you or a previous homeowner has neglected maintenance for the system, dirt buildup can easily wear out parts. For example, as dust builds up on the fan blades, it weighs them down. As a result, that extra pressure puts undue stress on the motor. Eventually, the motor will wear out and need to be replaced, and the AC won’t run.
- Electric controls. Often, electrical controls fail if the homeowner installs an air conditioner that’s too large for the home. A too-large air conditioner will cycle on and off frequently, wearing out the electrical controls.
Whether your AC problems are due to failure to maintain the system, improper sizing, leaky refrigerant lines, or another issue, Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning will get to the bottom of the problem. We’ll always talk to you about the value of repairing the system over the benefits of replacing the AC, should the time come when you’re facing a costly repair for an older system.
Scheduling Bryant AC maintenance
Most HVAC manufacturers and experts recommend servicing your AC every year. When you schedule preventive maintenance service with Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ll put your AC through a battery of tests to ensure it’s operating well, and we’ll conduct a comprehensive cleaning of all of its parts.
But we go a step further than that. We’ll also show you what you can do at home to maintain the AC, such as:
- Changing the filter at least every three months, or more often if you have allergies or pets in the home.
- Cleaning the outdoor unit’s coils.
- Combing the AC coils, as bent coils can hinder airflow.
- Clearing out the condensate drain with a stiff wire.
- Keeping the area around the outdoor unit clear of debris and leaves.
According to the Department of Energy, investing in regular annual service reaps significant rewards. As a homeowner you can expect the service to improve your AC’s performance, increase home comfort, and help extend the life of the system.
Expert DeLand Bryant AC service is available to West Volusia County homeowners. Just give us a call to schedule a repair or maintenance, and keep your air conditioner humming all summer long. Remember, Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning services Orange City, DeBary, Deltona, Lake Helen, Astor, Pierson and Deleon Springs areas, too.