4 Types of Deland Ductwork You Would Want to consider For Your Home
Probably you are on searching for a new HVAC system in the market after your ducts became ineffective. Regardless of whether you want a replacement for the duct work in your home or you are looking for a ductwork system that is comprehensive enough for the gas furnace in your new home, you should make the right choice. It is crucial that you purchase a duct work that will perfectly compliment all other components and features of your heater and AC.Below are 4 different types of Deland Ductwork worth considering for your home.
- Flexible non-metallic ductwork. Made of lightweight plastic, flexible ductwork is usually utilized in cramped spaces as well as in attics. They are wire-reinforced ducts with a large diameter and enough flexibility that enable them to be snaked around an obstacle. If you want to avoid joints in your system, then it is the best Deland Ductwork.
The system may, however, experience a leakage especially at points where the flexible duct is joined with other types of ductwork such as sheet metal. If not installed correctly, flex ducts can be difficult to seal and even be inefficient. When using them, ensure you apply the minimum length possible to make connections. This will assist in avoiding impending system performance.
- Sheet metal ductwork. This type of Deland ductwork is available in cylindrical and rectangular lengths. Sheet metal ducts are made using galvanized steel and are usually highly efficient. The fact that they are made of metal makes them reliable, durable, and highly effective. You should pay close attention to places where sections join for leaks.
- Fiberglass lined ducts. Similar to sheet metal ducts, these are rigid ducts with a fiberglass lining on the inside or outside. You’ll want to use this type of Deland ductwork in your office to dampen the sound produced by the air conditioner unit. They are also commonly used in commercial buildings. The challenge with it is that upon deterioration, the fiberglass lining can be released into the air causing health problems.
These ducts present a challenge especially when it comes to cleaning. The fiberglass lining can be damaged during the cleaning exercise. They are prone to contamination with bacteria and molds.
- Fiberboard ducts. Made from fiberglass strands, Fiberboard ducts are suitable for heating and cooling systems. They have an insulation by themselves. The fiberglass strands used in making the ducts are usually compressed before a foil laminate is covered on them for protection against moisture.
They have a rough surface which affects the flow of air as well as the efficiency.
Before you install an air conditioning system, it is important you consult with your contractor and identify the most suitable Deland ductwork for your office or home. In most cases, sheet metal is preferred because of its safety and effectiveness in creating ductwork.
Wow! What an honest and fair price company. They did what they said, showed up when they said and never treated me like I was just a job! I deal with many contractors and this by far was the best experience! I strongly recommend this company!Tonia G.
We just had a new air conditioning system installed in our condo. JD and Pablo were real professionals, and worked quickly and efficiently. The installed unit looks clean and neat. Great job!Philip R.
The service provided by jacobs heating and air conditioning was great. They have been in business for along time and I can see why. They arrived for the service exactly on time. The service cost estimate was right on target. The technicians John, j.o., and Pablo were very efficient and explained what they did in a very easy to understand dialog. We are definitely going to use jacobs for future hvac servicing and maintenance.Charles B.
Contact Us Today
help you! Contact Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning for All
your Comfort needs
At Jacob Heating & Air Conditioning, our passion for customer service and the quality of our work is deeply ingrained in our company culture. We're not just committed to helping our customers; we put our reputation on the line with every job we undertake.
Our team takes pride in our work and backs it with excellent service guarantees for our customers in West Volusia County and the surrounding areas. These guarantees include:
- One-year guarantee on HVAC repairs
- Prompt service for every visit
- Cleanliness on the job
- Complete customer satisfaction